Friday, September 25, 2015

Firearm Friday


On Fridays I want to feature a different gun. Discuss its basics and uses and experiences with it. Today's gun is the Browning BPS 12 gauge shotgun. This is a gun that I have owned and have never thought that I needed a better shotgun. Browning says it right on their site with "somethings never go out of style" It comes in both a 26" and 28", I like the extra reach on the 28", but the 26" is easier to move to hit targets in trap competitions.

This gun was given to me the summer I graduated high school and I have loved owning and shooting this firearm. I remember times when we would gather on my uncle's back porch with 7 or 8 of us cousins, uncles, or friends shooting clay pigeons from trick shoots to competitions to see who could last the longest. That first summer I remember having that good bruise from shooting it so much, you know the one that is sore, but you felt like you earned and it makes it even better. 

The BPS has been my reliable friend to just be able to go out and blast some targets out of the sky or can be used for bird hunting very easy. It comes with a polymer recoil pad that actually makes this 12 gauge easy to handle even for beginners. I recommend this gun for anyone wanting a solid 12 gauge, but wants to spend a little more as well it is ambidextrous with a bottom ejection port and top tang safety. This work of art runs about $700 MSRP and that is a little over double for a cheap shotgun, but it is money well spent.

If you would like a firearm to featured just shoot me message or leave a comment. Unfortunately I like to have fired a gun that I will feature so please ask for firearms I have never shot so I have an excuse to go shoot it.

Thanks and stay safe America!

No comments:

Post a Comment